Snuggling on the sofa with the fire on, and a glass of your favourite red wine, flicking through an endless list of films? Does this sound familiar?
Why not watch a flick starring one of our four legged friends?
We have complied a list of some of our favourite dog films that will make you laugh, cry and jump. There is something beautiful about the relationship between a dog and his human friends that will draw you in and warm you heart, even in the cold this Winter.
So go on, Happy watching!
PS- these are not in any particular order….
- Lady and the Tramp
- Released in 1955, this is a romantic animated film, about a Cocker Spaniel and a Mutt who fall for one another. Make sure you have a big bowl of Spaghetti and a glass of wine when you play this one 😉 For more info check out IMDB.
- The Adventures of Milo and Otis
- Cat-lovers and Dog-lovers will both love this one! Narrated by Dudley Moore, this movie follows a cat named Milo and a dog named Otis who become separated and find their way back to each other. An unlikely friendship, but a top movie! For more info check out IMDB.
- Marley & Me
- A true tear-jerker, this honest and funny film is one that so many of us can relate to (does the puppy who has destroyed the house sound familiar?) For more info check out IMDB.
- A big St Bernard and a crazy but cute family and you have the perfect recipe for a great family movie. For more info check out IMDB.
- White Fang
- An explorer befriends a half-wolf half-dog, named White Fang by a Native American tribe. Based on Jack London’s book, this was one of Ethan Hawke’s break out films, and was hugely successful financially and with critics! For more info check out IMDB.
- Lassie Come Home
- Based in Yorkshire England, this was the first of many films and a TV Series following Lassie (a Rough Collie) and his best friend (a young boy). ‘Lassie Comes Home’ follows their adventures and reflects how strong the love between a dog and a boy can be. For more info check out IMDB.
- Old Yeller
- One of the ultimate dog films, Old Yeller is the tale of the highs and lows of owning a pet and it will most definitely tug at your heart strings. For more info check out IMDB.
- Turner and Hooch
- Released in 1989, this cop-buddy film is a must see. With Tom Hanks playing a process-driven, neat freak cop who warms to a slobbering Hooch, this flick will warm your heart this cold Winter. For more info check out IMDB.
- 101 Dalmatians
- The original animated film was released in 1961 and is one of our faves that every kid should see! Pongo and Perdita are Dalmatians who need to rescue their puppies from the evil Cruella De Vil. The original film was re-released four times in theatres, and a live action version was re-made, starring Glen Close as the wicked villain. For more info check out IMDB.
- Red Dog
- Based on a true story, Red Dog is a tale about a dog who unites a community while roaming the Aussie outback in search of his master. For more info check out IMDB